This is a collection of projects that I've been accumulating over the years. Mostly they're software based, but I've got various data organization projects related to the band Nine Inch Nails as well. Much of the software is at least tangentially videogame-related, so you know that it's Very Important Stuff.
Some of the software here could easily fit into the "Game Tinkerings" category instead, and the distinction between the two is often ill-defined. In general, I've tried to keep this area to applications with an actual UI of some sort (even if it's text-based), whereas the stuff in "Game Tinkerings" are more likely to be commandline only.
- Exordium - This is a web-based music library application written in Python within the Django framework. It's very customized to my particular use cases and doesn't really try to be a general-purpose solution. I'm super fond of it, though, and use it every day.
- Choosable Path Adventure Tracker - This is a console application (TUI) to assist with tracking the paths you take through Choose-Your-Own-Adventure / Choosable Path Adventure books. It was written to help me reach all the endings in Ryan North's books To Be or Not To Be and Romeo and/or Juliet, both of which I highly recommend.
- Metro Dice - A work in progress, this is a computer version of the board/card game Machi Koro. At the moment it implements the base game plus Harbor expansion, and is only pass-and-play from the local machine. It's also currently only a console (TUI) application. Time will tell if I get networked multiplayer or a GUI created.
- Adventure Game Mapper - This is a GUI (PyGTK2) application to assist players of Infocom/Sierra/LucasArts style adventure games by providing an easy way to map out the areas as you go. It's pretty idiosyncratic but I still pull it out from time to time as I play another adventure game.
- pydailystrips (webcomic downloader/aggregator) - This is a CLI script whose primary purpose is to aggregate various webcomics onto a single page, for ease of browsing. It's intended to be run via cron on a daily basis. Based on an ancient Perl script called dailystrips.
- Eschalon Savefile Editor - This is a GUI (PyGTK2) application for editing both characters and maps in the Eschalon series of turn-based isometric RPGs by Basilisk Games. This has, alas, fallen into a relatively unmaintained state but should still work fine, even though it's not under active development.
- UQM Starmap Viewer - This is GUI (PyGTK2) application for viewing starmap information from the game The Ur-Quan Masters, the opensource version of Star Control II. It's effectively a cheating aid, since you can use it to find very lucrative planets and optimize your resource gathering, and peek into various other planetary data.
- Witcher 2 Savegame Manager - This is a GUI (PyQt4) application to help manage savegames for the Linux version of The Witcher 2. Saves are very difficult to manage in-game, and this helps out a bit. It's modelled after a Windows app which does the same thing, so it's mostly just useful for Linux users.
- Minecraft X-Ray - This is an obsolete app only kept around for sentimental/historic purposes. It's a Java GUI app to assist users in finding ore in Minecraft, and generally just fly around inspecting the map. It hasn't been updated since 2012, though, and doesn't work on anything approaching modern versions of Minecraft.
Nine Inch Nails Projects
- Not The Actual Events: Physical Component Variations - A catalog of all the variants which exist for NIN's "Not The Actual Events" Physical Component.
- The Slip LE CD/DVD Tracking - NIN's album "The Slip" was released in physical format in a numbered, limited edition, with one of three sets of stickers in each set, plus other printing abnormalities, etc. This page serves as a registry for users to claim which number they got, and to try and ferret out any patterns in the package's distribution.
- 2009/2010 Ebay Auction Tracking - In 2009, the NIN camp started listing a ton of interesting gear on Ebay. This page is an archive of all the items put on Ebay during this equipment purge, including what they sold for, and all the images.