I've been digging into Qt GUI programming a bit more, and I've run into a few situations where I've wanted to do something which seems to have left Google mostly stumped. As I figure out solutions I'll be posting 'em here just to hopefully get indexed and help out anyone else looking for the same things. A reasonable subtitle for this section would be "things in Qt I think should be far easier than they actually are."
These are almost certainly all going to be based on PyQt rather than the native C++ stuff. It's probably also worth noting that nearly all of this is going to be using Qt5, though I'll try to remember to note the version on the individual pages.
- Resizing a QMessageBox (Qt5)
- Reordering QTableView rows with drag-and-drop (Qt5)
- HTML/Rich Text inside QComboBox and QCheckBox (Qt5) (seriously, how is this not a part of default Qt?)
- Using QPen::setDashPattern in a QGraphicsScene/QGraphicsView looks awful while scrolling
All code in this area is licensed under Public Domain / CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication. Feel free to use it however you like.
- Attached a Public Domain "license" to all the code here
- setDashPattern problems in QGraphicsScene/QGraphicsView
- HTML/Rich Texts in QComboBox
- QMessagebox Resizing
- QTableView Reordering